[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Barnhart <joebarnhart at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Accessing a PC on LAN from a PDA on Portal
 Date:  Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:03:48 -0800 (PST)
--- Ervin Malicdem <schadow1 at gmail dot com> wrote:

> I wanted to access files in my PC on a LAN interface using my Pocket
> PC on
> the Portal Interface. PC and PocketPC has been manually assigned with
> static IP through m0n0wall.
>
> *DHCP override*
> PC - 192.168.100.6
> Pocket PC - 192.168.101.5

I don't consider myself an expert by any means.  But isn't this a real
"hole" in your security??  All I would have to do is assign my IP
address to 192.168.101.5 and I'd be in your PC in a hot second.

I would also like to have a secret passage from my portal to my LAN but
I just don't dare risk it.  I really, really need the security more
than the secret passage.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com