[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jonas Truemper <tausend100 dash m0n0wall at yahoo dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Problems booting generic CD-Rom image on a P1
 Date:  Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:43:43 +0100 (CET)
Hey there,

i wanted to try out m0n0wall on my PC thats already
doing the internet routing for me. Its a P1 166.
So i got the CD ready containing the CD-Rom image and
booted.
The PC didn't recognize the CD - he just kept saying,
I should insert a bootable medium.

I guess the very outdated BIOS is the problem. But
what makes me wonder is that this PC already ran
Knoppix Live CD without any problems... I then tried a
newer CD drive but that didn't change anything.
Is there anything *special* about the m0n0wall CD-Rom
image?

Another PC, a bit younger (running on 600 MHz), just
ran fine with the image... so the CD should be ok too.

Updating the BIOS may turn out being complicated since
it is very, very old... I don't even know where to
search for a newer version. It's an old IBM one...

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Greetings,
Jonas