[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brandon <bstone108 at comcast dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Fwd: [m0n0wall] Problems booting generic CD-Rom image on a P1
 Date:  Wed, 04 Jan 2006 09:44:17 -0600
try the following as some older computers have trouble booting from
multisession cds
first burn at slower speed..   set as low as your burner will go..  2-4
x is usualy low enough.  second make sure you select no multi session
(if using nero) or just check the finalize box, and burn disk at once if
more than one track.    in the case of m0n0wall it's only 1 track a believe.

this has fixed the problem in many cases of old computers not wanting to
boot cd.  this is not always related to your cd drive but usualy is. for
example I have an old computer that boots cds and has brand new 52x
cdrom.  it will not boot unfinalized cds or multitrack cds.  why?  duno,
stupid design perhaps.

good luck with problem and hope this info helps
Brandon