[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems booting generic CD-Rom image on a P1
 Date:  Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:25:41 -0600
From: "Don Munyak" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>

> If you like the idea of running from HD, then try the following link.
> While others have had much success with physdiskwrite, I have a
> personal preference for the Live CD.

> http://chrisbuechler.com/index.php?id=17

I have used both with much success.  My preference is based on the system.
If prebuilt with a CD-Rom, I uses Chris's image.

> You also may want to consider compact flash instead of a HD as well.
> Pretty cheap, no moving parts and most BIOS versions think there just
> another HD.

The best "hard drive" out there for PC like systems is this.
http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/ItemDetail.asp?ItemID=TS32MDOM40V
So far, I have used about 15, with no problems on stock images.  (One
problem on an oversized image that I mentioned in the list, but that was not
the fault of the chip)

                        Lee