[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron with Morad" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Routed IP Block - Uses
 Date:  Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:07:25 -0700
Perhaps not related to m0n0wall but I thought I'd ask here first, many of you know a lot more about
networking than I do.

My service provider has given me a /30 interconnect address for my router/firewall.  They have also
routed a /27 block of IP's to me.  Currently I use NAT and run private addressing behind m0n0wall
(1-1 for some clients and Outbound for different WISP sites that I operate).  Is there a way to use
the /27 block behind m0n0?  Set up some kind of a bridge using the /27 and not have it NATed to
clients behind m0n0?  I would like to give a client a public IP (from the /27) but still monitor /
filter traffic and access while not using NAT.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Aaron