[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sven Brill <madde at gmx dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  filter blacklist
 Date:  Wed, 04 Jan 2006 14:27:05 -0500
Hello,

is there a way (and if not, can I make a feature request? :)) to
blacklist hosts and networks? I just want to clean up some of my logs,
and I remember that I used to have an array on my old homegrown linux
firewall which I just appended once in a while with some obcure .cn and
other networks that I know would never access my web server or anything
else legitimately.

Right now in m0n0wall, I created a couple of aliases, but I am already
up to 10 and the maintenance becomes a little tedious. Is it (or would
it in the future) be possible to have a simple page where one can enter
hosts and networks that get blocked completely, without cluttering the
firewall rules page? Maybe I am just missing something, but my current
solution with aliases only allows one network per alias.

Thanks

Sven