[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Greenwood" <lists at silverblade dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Will this modem work with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Wed, 4 Jan 2006 22:08:08 -0000 (GMT)
On Wed, January 4, 2006 9:38 pm, Adrian Urquhart said:
> I use a D-Link DSL 300T in bridge mode with M0n0wall, which talks to it
> via PPPoE (in the UK) so I'd say things ought to work.

Ah... I've owned several bits of D-Link kit and none of them have lived up
to their expectations. My old DSL-500 router kept crashing, my DES-1008D
switch doesn't perform very well and doesn't like being connected to other
switches, and I tried using D-Link equipment for a wireless network over a
long distance and it kept messing up - other brands worked fine.

But if the DSL-300T works well, I'll get one. I can get hold of one cheap
but was holding off in case something better was out there.