[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] filter blacklist
 Date:  Wed, 4 Jan 2006 20:52:05 -0500
> The concept, used in firewalls like NetscreenOS, allows you to maintain an
> "group" which is an alias for one or more networks or hosts. Then you use
> that group name in the Firewall Rules page.

> Such an RFE would be useful for many purposes, not just your case, but it
> would be perfect for you. You would maintain your "group" alias on one
> page, simple and sweet, and never change your firewall (you'd re-apply it
> on changes, naturally, but that's easy enough).

I too would like to see this approach ( or something similiar) . I
could see having possible several group alias...like a "Bogus
Networks" page, Spyware or even to a minimal extent Blocked websites
which were not appropriate for a particular site.

...Then again...are we now talking about content filtering ???, not so
much on keyword filtering, but rather by site's .

Either way, it would still be nice to have a separate "page", like the
Filters page.

- Don