[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Claudio Castro <ccastro at unr dot edu dot ar>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Watchdog, NIC problem.
 Date:  Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:34:43 -0300
Hi folks,

I've been having problems with watchdog, this is my scenario:
I have 4 interfaces, a LAN, a WAN, an OPT1 and an OPT2(this is my DMZ),
everithing goes well until I activate the OPT2 interface. When this
interface goes up, this appears on the screen of my m0n0 box:
xl2: watchdog timeup
xl2: watchdog timeup
xl2: watchdog timeup

xl2 is the interface of OPT2

Later, I plug a linux box to this interface, with a hub, I assign the
correct networks parameters..but..when I do a ping from the m0n0 or from
the linux, the destination is unreacheable. So, i dont know whats going
on. By the way, the rules on the OPT2 interface are permit everithing
from anywhere to anywhere. The log doesnt show anything eighter.
Then, starting to appears the next messages on screen:
xl2: Transmision error: 90
xl2: Tx underrun, increasing tx start threhold to 120 bytes

I also replace the NIC, but..the same problem.

Any clues?