[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Vaughan <talltim at gmail dot com>
 To:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] filter blacklist
 Date:  Thu, 5 Jan 2006 13:57:05 +0000
I tried uploading the hosts file at everythingisnt.com/hosts to
/etc/hosts using exec.php.  It worked ok but machines inside the
network using the m0n0wall as DNS server can still access the blocked
hosts (i.e. ads.doubleclick.net is redirected to 127.0.0.1 but still
is accessible).
I was hoping that this would result in these ad servers being blocked
but it hasn't worked like I expected.  What am I doing wrong?

Tim