[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jonas Truemper <tausend100 dash m0n0wall at yahoo dot de>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems booting generic CD-Rom image on a P1
 Date:  Thu, 5 Jan 2006 15:49:56 +0100 (CET)
Okay, finally I got things up and running.

I'll just write this message just as a reply to all
others:
After trying Chris Live CD which didn't work either, I
moved over to the "usual" way - plug the drive to
another PC, write the image to it and then boot in the
target PC.

I switched the IDE cables to the secondary controller
which didn't help either. I already changed the cables
yesterday.
Changing the power supply was not possible since I
don't have another fitting one available.

Or maybe the Live CD didn't boot because I'm doing
something wrong when burning the ISO. Although I must
say that i had never had problems burning (bootable)
ISOs. I recorded this one at 4x speed (lowest speed my
recorder will do) and with Disc-At-Once.

To make a long story short: I don't know what was the
problem here.

Anyway, up to now m0n0wall looks nice to me. I very
much like the firmware uploading feature -- I already
thought about what to do when there will be a new
version availabe. Again open the router, pull the
drive out, plug it to another PC. Just don't have to
worry about that anymore :)
But I miss the possibility to login via ssh or
something similar. You usually don't need it if
everything goes fine with the web interface -- but
since the router here has no keyboard and no monitor
plugged this would be nice.
I know, if the configuration is completely shot, ssh
won't help...

So is there anything? I remember having read something
about a page inside the web interface... but I can't
find anything like this.

So thanks again for all your hints.

Greetings,
Jonas