[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron with Morad" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Routed IP Block - Uses
 Date:  Thu, 5 Jan 2006 08:00:22 -0700

On January 04, 2006 7:10PM, Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:
>With a routed block, you probably want to put it off its own interface
>on m0n0wall.  Give m0n0wall one of the IP's out of the /27 on that
>interface, and use the rest for public IP'ed machines.

>If you want to keep all the machines on the same interface, you should
>be able to use 1:1 NAT to machines on the private network.

>-Chris

Thanks Chris.  If I understand right I could take my OPT interface, use one
of the /27 as it's address.  Then use that as the gateway for the public
addressed machines.  How, then, can I use the 1:1 NAT for the privates on
the same interface?  Wouldn't I need another IP in the interface for the
private gateway?  Also, won't the public machines still be NATed back to the
WAN address of m0n0?

Maybe I don't understand right?

Aaron