[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] inbound and 1:1 NAT at same time
 Date:  Thu, 5 Jan 2006 10:13:41 -0500
On 1/5/06, Claudio Castro <ccastro at unr dot edu dot ar> wrote:
> Simple question, can I have inbound NAT and 1:1 NAT at the same time ?,
> with different blocks of ip of course.
> For example, I define inbound NAT to access some servers on my LAN, that
> works great, but now I want to define a 1:1 NAT to access my DMZ's
> servers. Is that possible?

You most likely don't want to NAT between two local interfaces.  NAT
is a kludge and can cause issues, so you want to avoid it as much as
possible.  There are very few situations where NAT'ing between a LAN
and DMZ is better than routing.

I don't know if it would work or not (I'd say most likely it would
work), but I wouldn't do it regardless.

-Chris