[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Recommendations
 Date:  Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:44:23 -0500
On 1/5/06, Tyler Heusinkveld <theusinkveld at usd402 dot com> wrote:
> I am new to m0n0wall and have only been running version 1.2 for about 2
> weeks now. So far I love it over my Linksys router I had to reset all the
> time. It is much faster and was easy to setup. I have a few companies in my
> consulting firm that would like to take the advantages of m0n0wall vs
> expensive equipment from Cisco. What type of system specs are recommended
> for a company that has 50 to 100 employees now, but may grow to twice their
> size very rapidly over the course of 1-3 years? I want to thank you again
> for the great product and easy setup.

Hardware sizing depends on far too many things to give a solid answer
of what you need, without a lot more detail.  For the typical 50-200
employee company, I'd suggest starting out with a WRAP and moving up
to something bigger later on if need be.

This should be helpful (minus the missing IPsec throughput numbers for
some devices, haven't finished it yet):
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/hardware-sizing.html

-Chris