[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Static IP's from ISP
 Date:  Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:58:32 -0600
From: "Jason (WeatherServer)" <Jason at Weatherserver dot net>

> I currently have DSL that uses PPPoE, my isp provides 8
> static ip's for $5 more a month. How could I use these IP's with m0n0wall.

> Can m0n0 assign the IP's to computers on my LAN or how does it work.

Two options.

On a 2 NIC box you can do 1-1 NAT and Proxy ARP.  This requires no changes
to your client machines, but you will need a static DHCP assign to the
client MAC addresses to make the 1-1 work.

On a 3 NIC box, bridge the OPT interface, and just give static IPs to the
boxes on that interface.

                        Lee