[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Routed IP Block - Uses
 Date:  Wed, 4 Jan 2006 21:10:49 -0500
On 1/4/06, Aaron with Morad <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca> wrote:
> Perhaps not related to m0n0wall but I thought I'd ask here first, many of you know a lot more
about networking than I do.

> My service provider has given me a /30 interconnect address for my router/firewall.  They have
also routed a /27 block of IP's to me.  Currently I use NAT and run private addressing behind
m0n0wall (1-1 for some clients and Outbound for different WISP sites that I operate).  Is there a
way to use the /27 block behind m0n0?  Set up some kind of a bridge using the /27 and not have it
NATed to clients behind m0n0?  I would like to give a client a public IP (from the /27) but still
monitor / filter traffic and access while not using NAT.

With a routed block, you probably want to put it off its own interface
on m0n0wall.  Give m0n0wall one of the IP's out of the /27 on that
interface, and use the rest for public IP'ed machines.

If you want to keep all the machines on the same interface, you should
be able to use 1:1 NAT to machines on the private network.

-Chris