[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robert L. Pumphrey" <rlpumphrey at 1mage dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Question about Performane
 Date:  Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:59:15 -0700
I have setup a plain 550Mhz PC with Monowall, two NIC cards one is a cheap  $9.99 card and was
testing the system.  The test setup is current internet -> T1 router/firewall -> switch -> monowall
firewall -> switch -> My PC.  In this test config I see much higher lantancy then I do with My PC on
My network as normal.  Current internet -> T1 router/firewall -> switch -> My PC.  The question is
this a problem with My test setup, or the Monowall PC and NIC cards are just not that great.  As
this is a test setup My PC is the only one behind monowall.

Robert Pumphrey
rlpumphrey at 1mage dot com
1MAGE Software Inc.
6025 S. Quebec St.