[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "Robert Dukes" <rbdukes at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Captive portal Not cutting off User
 Date:  Fri, 6 Jan 2006 00:35:39 +0100
> I install the new update and it's working fine. I use the radius
hotspot
> manager from Miro tik site to work with the captive portal.
Nice, can I get a copy too ;) (just for curiosity, I use redundant
freeradius servers)

> I setup a user
> profile to have a 3mb download limit, and M0no send all data to the
radius
> and everything seem to log ok but m0n0 don't disconnect the user once
the
> download is used up.
That's normal, since volume limits and speed limits aren't implemented
at this point

Volume limits in theory should be easy to implement but this needs
changes in the radius accounting subsystem too which I first want to
write out on paper to have a coding diagram before I start doing this.
Furthermore, 1.21 is just released with the new framework, lets see if
it can hold it out... (which it should but every situation differs...)

> What setting do I need to set in the captive portal
> page to disconnect access to the user?
At this moment you can't, only (local/radius)
session-timeout/idle-timeout and session-terminate-time (WISPr) are
supported atm

If people really want volume limits for there business, they always can
donate some money to sponsor the work to fasten up the development ;)

J.

--
Jonathan De Graeve
Network/System Administrator