[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ciro Iriarte <cyruspy at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Enabling SWAP
 Date:  Thu, 5 Jan 2006 00:28:22 -0400
Let me explain my situation. I got a super dooper 486 (not sure, i guess it
has 16MB of RAM) running a linux firewall, it's been running for about 3
years. Now, i would like to setup a VPN between my home and a friend's home,
i'm going to take this firewall to my friends house and install a Pentium166
i have somewhere to be my new FW.

Given the current one is a low spec pc and the freebsd IPSEC implementation
seems to work better (considering resources) i want to replace linux with
m0n0wall but i don't have the 64mb of required RAM and is near impossible to
buy SIMMs this days, so i need to enable swap to avoid having lockups. I've
never touched FreeBSD before, but as it's unix i don't think it's
"impossible" to enable SWAP for the soon to be m0n0wall box, anyone did it
before?

Thanks in advanced
Ciro