[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 To:  Josh Hyles <josh dot maillists at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  ebmalicdem at cxsmedia dot com, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless AP recommendations
 Date:  Fri, 6 Jan 2006 12:00:10 +0000
Hi,

> what is tofu? i mean, is it an addon? I'm running factory right now
> and i want to go with another firmware that I can boost up the
> signal... could you tell me if tofu is a hyperwrt addon or if its the
> version they are on or what.... thanks

why do you need to boost the signal - a particular application? Siting
the AP in the correct place will ensur best signal propagation. mine is 2 floors above where i am
currently sitting and i still get a good signal. have
you looked at using the very simply to make 'windsurfer' antennae? worth
a quick go - only 10 minutes work.

eg http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template/index.html
or check the EZ-12 and EZ-10 links for the Windsurfer cut'n'paste templates
(simply glue or attach aluminium foil/sheet to the reverse side)

you can even _pay_ for this stuff.... http://www.tritium.co.uk/

alan