[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  James Griffioen <griff at netlab dot uky dot edu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  griff at netlab dot uky dot edu
 Subject:  accessing a web server from the lan behind the monowall
 Date:  Fri, 06 Jan 2006 11:19:07 -0500
For reason's not worth explaining, I would like to configure the monowall
so that LAN clients can use the monowall's WAN address when trying to access
a web server that is on the LAN.  External (Internet) hosts can already access
the web server via the rules I entered for inbound NAT, but LAN clients can
only seem to access the web server if they know its internal address.

I cannot seem to find any combinations of rules and/or static routes that will
allow TCP packets arriving on the LAN interface carrying the WAN interface's IP
address as the destination address to be fowarded back to the web server on
the LAN.  This used to work with the linksys router that I was using before
I replaced the linksys with the monowall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim