[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jonas Truemper <tausend100 dash m0n0wall at yahoo dot de>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Many collisions on the WAN interface
 Date:  Fri, 6 Jan 2006 18:42:24 +0100 (CET)
Hey there,

m0n0wall reports a lot of collisions on the wan
interface, here is an excerpt of the current output of
status_interfaces.php:

In/out packets  	 215391/141946 (236.63 MB/12.48 MB)
In/out errors 	0/0
Collisions 	371

I do not remember having that much collisions when
running this machine a small linux distribution.

Since the link between the dsl modem and the network
card is only 10mbps half duplex it's of course more
likely to have a collision there than on an 100mbps
full duplex link like that plugged to the lan.

So may this simply be different because FreeBSD other
drivers for the nic than linux? The nic is an old
Realtek 8029 RJ45/BNC..

And finally: is there anything I should worry
about/watch? The link to the outer world works fine...

Greetings,
Jonas