[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Adam Gibson <agibson at ptm dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.21 released
 Date:  Fri, 06 Jan 2006 19:27:04 +0100
Adam Gibson wrote:

> I have only come across a few apps(or firewalls :) that are numbered
> like that so I am very curious why people combine the 2nd and 3rd octets
> in versions.  Are there some IDEs that default to that.  Do developers
> just want to keep everyone on their toes?  I guess I have just been

I don't even know why I chose to do it that way... It started with 1.11
- somehow I didn't feel that the one small change (a security fix)
warranted an additional dot. And since it'd been done that way with
1.11, it was only consistent to do the same with 1.21. I don't think
there'll ever be more than 9 revisions for any given minor version, so
no problem there. :)

- Manuel