[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Josh Hyles <josh dot maillists at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Vonage Issues
 Date:  Sat, 7 Jan 2006 14:18:50 -0500
I just moved in with a friend who is using vonage. So we ditched my
DSL and got a cable modem. I'm using m0n0wall 1.2 and have been for
quite a while. When i plug in the vonage router to my network, it
works fine for quite a while. After some time (not sure of the actual
time frame) the phone line light goes out meaning there is no more
connection to the vonage server. We now have the vonage router doing
all the dhcp/routing, and its working fine and has been for about 5
hours. I've read on here that there is no need to configure anything,
but I'm at a loss as to what my problem is. I did read on vonages
website that you need to have ports 10000-20000 forwarded to the
router? is that correct?

Any other help/experience would be much appreciated.