[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Stephen Ronan <listsubs0506 at comcast dot net>
 To:  Josh Hyles <josh dot maillists at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Vonage Issues
 Date:  Sat, 07 Jan 2006 14:35:08 -0500
In addition to opening ports 10000-20000, as per this page,
http://www.vonage.com/help.php?article=89
you also need to open these ports for outgoing connections:

DNS: Port 53 UDP (Domain Name Server - for resolving server IP addresses)
TFTP: Port 69 UDP (for profile upgrades/downgrades)
HTTP: Port 80 UDP (for firmware upgrades/downgrades)
NTP: Port 123 UDP (Network Time Protocol - so the device can sync to the
proper time for Caller ID)
SIP: Port 5061 UDP is used for older Vonage devices (devices provisioned
before 2005) Also, BSP Proxy Groups 1-8, and a.voncp.com communicate on
port 5061.

Adding firewall rules to do all of that worked successfully for a vonage
connection I had inside a m0n0wall-protected network.

 Steve