[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "dasz" <daszylstra at comcast dot net>
 To:  "Josh Hyles" <josh dot maillists at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Vonage Issues
 Date:  Sat, 7 Jan 2006 14:38:30 -0500
I use Vonage through Monowall on a Comcast cable modem . . . . . . I've seen
no issues with service . . . . My current firewall rules allows all traffic
from any LAN IP, with no external ports forwarded to inside IPs . . . . . I
haven't fine-tuned any options yet on my home Monowall (i.e. mostly out of
the box config) . . . . .

I use a non-gateway Linksys Vonage adapter . . . . and it pulls an IP by
DHCP . . . . .

Maybe set up with the Vonage adapter directly on the cable modem, then DMZ
the Monowall for the inside network?  This would let the Vonage adapter
prioritize phone traffic instead of having Monowall do it . . . . . . not
sure if it's the best solution, but something to try . . . . . .

David Z