[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monowall 1.21 Captive portal and WRT54G wireless router MAC Problem
 Date:  Sat, 7 Jan 2006 17:28:15 -0500
On 1/7/06, Jimmy Bones (Mhottie) <mhottie at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Given this last response; do you guys still want me to do the testing with
> 1.21? I haven't had a chance to play with 1.21 yet, I have that slated up
> for next weekend.. :)

Thanks a lot for your previous testing!

I don't see any need to do any further testing.  There's obviously
some really strange issue with some of the custom Linksys firmware
that only seems to be apparent sometimes with captive portal.  Most of
the users of that custom firmware would probably never realize it
wasn't truly bridging the wireless connection over under certain
circumstances.

Given that all the reports of this were fixed by upgrading the custom
firmware, and the m0n0wall versions that "caused" the issue varied
widely, it's very clear this isn't related to m0n0wall at all.

-Chris