[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mas Libman" <mas at masandwendy dot com>
 To:  "'dasz'" <daszylstra at comcast dot net>, "'Josh Hyles'" <josh dot maillists at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Vonage Issues
 Date:  Sat, 7 Jan 2006 23:31:29 -0800
I've got the Linksys rt31p2 that Vonage sent with my service when I signed
up hooked up over cable and passing through my m0n0wall with no special
configuration needed to get it working. (I would not recommend using the QoS
features of the Linksys device unless you want all internet to stop when
making telephone calls, regardless of your available bw.)

I did set up the bw shaping rules w/ the VOIP router at the highest priority
for in and out, and have seen a good increase in phone quality during
high-usage.

You might want to try resetting the Linksys router to the factory defaults
and re-applying the settings, very carefully :) Have you checked for a
firmware update? Are you sure that it doesn't have the same problem when
plugged in directly to the Internet?

/Mas