[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Thomas Sprinzing <thomas at sprinzing dot org>
 To:  "noreplay at katun dot ch" <noreplay at katun dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Mac OSX - Mobile Client
 Date:  Sun, 08 Jan 2006 11:14:41 +0100
noreplay at katun dot ch schrieb:
> Hello!
>
> Is there a way to configure the m0n0wall as a L2TP over IPSec VPN- Server?
> I would like to connect to it with a mac os x client. Is there any
> solution?

FOlks, this is why openvpn is such a nice solution.
I use "Tunnelblick" for the OsX client:

http://tunnelblick.net/

the standard openvpn gui for windows,

http://openvpn.net/gui.html

and i use Peter Allgeyer's patched m0n0wall versions, because
unfortunately, ovpn was left out since a while ago.

http://www.protec-t.de/m0n0wall/downloads/

NAT traversal seems to be no problem at all for UDP Packets - moreover,
Apple's NAT-T implementation for L2TP is told to be kind of "broken"
resulting in inconsistencies and strange behaviour at least.

hth

Thomas