[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bob ." <tempuserone at yahoo dot com>
 To:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Monowall / Fedora IPsec
 Date:  Sun, 8 Jan 2006 06:12:38 -0800 (PST)
I am trying to get my Fedora client and monowall to use IPsec and have a few questions:

1) Fedora implements two types of IPsec connections "host-to-host" (generic transport) and
"network-to-network (VPN)" (generic tunnel).  It appears the monowall gui only supports tunnel IPsec
connections. Is is possible to use the Fedora "host-to-host (generic transport) with monowall acting
as a "host"?  And if so how?

2) If "host-to-host" is not possible can "network-to-network" be used?  Seems much more complicated
so would prefer not to go this route.

3) The FreeBSD Handbook (Chap 14.10.1) states:

4) Is it possible to setup a manual keyed connection using KAME-tools in monowall?
(ref:www.ipsec-howto.org/x299.html)

Would greatly appreciate any insight on this issue.  Thanks, Bob.