[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron with Morad" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Question regarding 50+ vlans on one interface .. does it work ?
 Date:  Sun, 8 Jan 2006 13:18:26 -0700
>50+ vlan IDs on one OPT interface.

Not sure.  I have 15 running right now with no problems.

>The monowall should give all clients on all VLANs a DCHP adress from one
>pool but keep the seperation between the VLANs.

You will have to configure the DHCP server individually on each VLAN.

>Also the OPT will be bridged with WAN with filtering and bandwidth
>management enabled.

My hardware does not allow me to bridge a VLAN with the WAN.  If I bridge
OPT with the WAN my VLANs that use OPT as a parent do not work.  I am using
Realtek onboard NICs.

This is just my experience so far.

Aaron