[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kristian Shaw" <monowall at wealdclose dot co dot uk>
 To:  "Jurgen van Vliet" <jurgenvv at xs4all dot nl>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Question regarding 50+ vlans on one interface .. does it work ?
 Date:  Sun, 8 Jan 2006 20:27:00 -0000
Hello,

If you are looking to isolate machines from each other it might be worth
seeing if your switch supports private VLANs. The idea behind this is that
devices on each port on the switch can only see the default gateway (the
m0n0wall which sits on a promiscuous port that is seen by all the other
ports in the VLAN), whilst at the same sharing the same subnet.

Regards,

Kris.