[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Question regarding 50+ vlans on one interface .. does it work ?
 Date:  Sun, 8 Jan 2006 15:36:31 -0500
On 1/8/06, Jurgen van Vliet <jurgenvv at xs4all dot nl> wrote:

> Im hoping someone can confirm me that this works : 50+ vlan IDs on one OPT
> interface.
> The monowall should give all clients on all VLANs a DCHP adress from one
> pool but keep the seperation between the VLANs.

32 is the maximum number of supported interfaces.  FreeBSD 4.x
requires a bpf device for each interface that a DHCP server will run
on, so you will only be able to run the DHCP server on 32 interfaces.
Other than that, everything else should work, but it hasn't been
tested much with that many interfaces.  See also the FAQ on the
maximum number of supported interfaces.

-Chris