[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Frequent reboots necessary?
 Date:  Mon, 9 Jan 2006 08:57:08 -0600
Oivind wrote:
> Hello, I am a newcomer to m0n0wall. I notice that it asks to reboot
> quite often, especially when altering interface specifications.
>
> Is it possible/prioritized to prevent reboot necessity? I am asking
> because it makes m0n0wall less attractive to commercial/live use,
> which I think is a pity.

As Holger said there are very few actions that require a reboot. Is
there a documented list of these actions?

I know these require reboot:
1) LAN IP/Subnet change (reboot is noted on Interfaces:LAN page)
2) Firmware Update (automatically done at end of update - reboot noted)
3) Config Restore (automatically done at end of restore - reboot noted)

Where else?

James W. McKeand