[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Oivind <oivindg at gmail dot com>
 To:  Holger Bauer <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Frequent reboots necessary?
 Date:  Mon, 9 Jan 2006 16:16:06 +0100
Thanks for the quick answer.

I obivously don't have a good overview of situations where a reboot is
required. I have a quad nic installed on the machine (identified as
OPT1-4) who also has an integrated dual nic. I remember that I had to
reboot when I was configuring those OPT interfaces - maybe it just was
the first time I enabled those, because a change of IP on those
doesn't require a reboot now.

Anyway, with my mentioned interfaces, does the LAN-ip and
config-restore still uniquely qualify for reboot, or are there more
cases?

--Oivind

On 1/9/06, Holger Bauer <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de> wrote:
> There are only a few changes that require a reboot, like changing Interface IP at LAN or restoring
a config. All other changes are applied on the fly. Also a m0n0wall is booting up really rapid. Even
a WRAP only takes about 20 to 40 seconds (depending on hardwarerevision, the newer boards have DMA
support for the CF-card). Other commercial systems even need more time to apply settings than m0n0
to boot up.