[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Frequent reboots necessary?
 Date:  Mon, 9 Jan 2006 11:35:26 -0500
On 1/9/06, Oivind <oivindg at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Anyway, with my mentioned interfaces, does the LAN-ip and
> config-restore still uniquely qualify for reboot, or are there more
> cases?

Off the top of my head:

-config restore
-firmware upgrade
-LAN IP change
-webGUI switch from HTTP to HTTPS (could be wrong on that one, but I
think that's the case)
-reassigning interfaces, including assigning new ones, and activating
new interfaces.

I do almost all my installs, even complex ones, with a single reboot.
Configure everything how you want it, then reboot, and you'll never
have to reboot again unless you add/change hardware.  You don't have
to reboot as soon as it says you must reboot for the changes to take
effect.

-Chris