[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Linksys/Netgear APs?
 Date:  Mon, 9 Jan 2006 11:59:37 -0500
On 1/9/06, Chris Taylor <chris at x dash bb dot org> wrote:

> The issue is that he cannot access the AP's setup pages from his LAN.
>  From m0n0wall's Ping page, if you set the interface to WLAN and ping an
> AP, it works fine. From any client PC on the LAN, you can't get to any
> of the APs.

I guessed that was the problem before I even read this.  :)  AP's tend
to not obey their default gateways, so you can't talk to them from any
other subnet.  Make sure the gateway is set correctly on the AP, and
if it is and it still doesn't work, then check with the AP vendor.

You can probably do a 1:1 NAT from a LAN IP to the AP's IP and work
around a broken gateway.  If nothing else, you might want to try that.

-Chris