[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Taylor <chris at x dash bb dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Linksys/Netgear APs?
 Date:  Mon, 09 Jan 2006 17:21:40 +0000
Thanks for the quick response Chris.

> I guessed that was the problem before I even read this.  :)  AP's tend
> to not obey their default gateways, so you can't talk to them from any
> other subnet.  Make sure the gateway is set correctly on the AP, and
> if it is and it still doesn't work, then check with the AP vendor.

The gateway is already set to point at m0n0wall correctly.

> You can probably do a 1:1 NAT from a LAN IP to the AP's IP and work
> around a broken gateway.  If nothing else, you might want to try that.

I'm just trying that now. Am I correct in thinking I need to go to the
1:1 NAT page and set Interface=WLAN, Internal IP=192.168.2.6/32 (an AP's
IP) and External IP=192.168.8.6/32 (unused LAN IP)? I was expecting
something involving NATing on LAN, so this is a touch confusing...

Cheers,

Chris