[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Benjamin" <john at thebenjs dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Yet another wireless AP question
 Date:  Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:11:55 -0800
Hi All,

I've been following the Wireless AP Recommendations thread, and re-read the
FAQ entry http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-ap.html regarding using m0n0wall
as an AP a number of times.

My question is if I use a 2511MP+ (for example) with m0n0wall 1.2 on a
soekris box as an AP, will there be a lot of client cards that will not be
able to connect to the AP?  I understand the performance and reliability of
HOSTAP on FreeBSD 4.11 "just plain sucks" (chris's opinion), but will there
be a lot of compatibility issues for b/g, a/b/g clients?

Thanks very much,
john