[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  George Farris <farrisg at mala dot bc dot ca>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] NAT and VPN - chicken and egg
 Date:  Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:34:15 -0800
On Tue, 2006-10-01 at 13:28 -0600, James W. McKeand wrote:

> It is my opinion that having "identical subnets on both ends" would be a
> bad design. You would need to make sure IP were not duplicated. DHCPs on
> both ends would need to not overlap. You would only be able half of the
> subnet on either end - so you might of well setup separate different
> subnets...

I'm with you here.  The problem is; I'm dealing with a different company
on the other end and was trying to find a solution that would work
without having to change my entire subnet here.  They absolutely will
not change theirs:-(

All this so we can connect to their web site, and yes I've tried to talk
them into just using https.

Cheers

--
George Farris   farrisg at mala dot bc dot ca
Malaspina University-College