[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  George Farris <farrisg at mala dot bc dot ca>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] NAT and VPN - chicken and egg
 Date:  Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:34:15 -0800
On Tue, 2006-10-01 at 13:28 -0600, James W. McKeand wrote:

> It is my opinion that having "identical subnets on both ends" would be a
> bad design. You would need to make sure IP were not duplicated. DHCPs on
> both ends would need to not overlap. You would only be able half of the
> subnet on either end - so you might of well setup separate different
> subnets...

I'm with you here.  The problem is; I'm dealing with a different company
on the other end and was trying to find a solution that would work
without having to change my entire subnet here.  They absolutely will
not change theirs:-(

All this so we can connect to their web site, and yes I've tried to talk
them into just using https.

George Farris   farrisg at mala dot bc dot ca
Malaspina University-College