[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Junior Gillespie" <jgillespie at t dash speed dot com>
 To:  "Robert L. Pumphrey" <rlpumphrey at 1mage dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Question about Traffic Shaping - new options
 Date:  Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:33:04 -0600
Robert,

The version of the m0n0wall image is 1.2, and the the binary version of DShaper is version 0.9.1.
This binary version of DShaper falls under the BSD license. I should have a newer version of DShaper
that will run as a daemon. I don't see any reason why the new version will not remain in the BSD
license, and I'll most likely release the source code as well. You can use the binary image as of
right now, or if you want to be a tester for the daemonized version, let know. I consider the latest
version of DShaper very stable, and it has gone through thorough testing. I've used it in an ISP
environment for about 2 years now.  There may be some new features add as well, like snmp support.

Thanks,
Junior

________________________________

From:                   "Junior Gillespie" <jgillespie at t dash speed dot com>
To:                     "KCS" <kcs at apatinonline dot net>
Copies to:              <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>

> I have available for testing the generic-pc-1.2.img with Dshaper
> available at: http://paxetman.com/generic-pc-1.2-DShaper.img
>
> This image has been used in a productive environment by a client of
> mine, and as of right now, they have no complaints. Let me know what you
> think about it.
>
> Junior

Robert Pumphrey
rlpumphrey at 1mage dot com