[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adrian Urquhart <adrian at urquhart dash consultancy dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ADSL PCI cards
 Date:  Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:28:23 +0000
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:28:18 +0100
Richard Klingler <richard at uclinux dot net> wrote:

> Hmm...
>
> But wasn't there some FBSD driver for the S518 ADSL card?
> Think it was openadsl.sourceforge.net

The current Pulsar drivers can be found at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openadsl so if anyone has one of these
cards and a FBSD machine then it would be good to get others involved
in testing.

The last I heard from Traverse (last week) was that they were waiting
on a mini-DSLAM arriving so that they could properly debug the BSD
drivers (the Open one apparently exhibits the same problems I'd
reported for the Free one). Mind you, it'll soon be a year since I was
assured that there would be a working FBSD driver available in "two or
three weeks". I do believe it's on its way, albeit slowly.

Looking at the Sangoma site I see that the S518 only mentions Windows
and Linux drivers, but I'm fairly sure there was a card available
(9 month ago now) which had BSD drivers, although it was very expensive
compared to Pulsar.

-Adrian