[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <tech at adaptive dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  NIC Naming and replacing
 Date:  Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:45:00 -0500
Is the configuration of monowall dependent on the actual MAC or other NIC
port identifier or is it simply referenced by the common "LAN", "WAN",
"PORT2", etc names that i define it from the setup?

Reason i ask is i'm waiting for a few GIG NICs to arrive but wanted to get
started configuring monowall now with my 100baseT old cards.  Can i just do
so then when the Gig NICs arrive replace them in the box and rename the
ports according without having to worry about the firewall config and rules
getting messed up?