[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jimmy Bones (Mhottie)" <mhottie at gmail dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monowall 1.21 Captive portal and WRT54G wireless router MAC Problem
 Date:  Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:20:07 -0500
I'm going to take a wild stab and say that Sveasoft firmware might not be
passing the MACs correctlly, possibly doing some internal "routing" of the
packets thus striping the original MAC's off the headers?? I have not even
attempted to check, so it's only a guess. I never really liked Svesoft's
tactics nor firmware so never would try it.

I have pushed the 1.21 upgrade/test forward a bit, as I am having problems
with the WebGUI using a custom certificate right now and need to get that
ironed out, and will not have time for awhile.

I will keep you up to date on anything I notice after the upgrade. As per
Chris, I agree we have nailed it down to buggy 3rd party firmware and am not
going to wide-scale test further at this time. I will continue to maintain
the ethercap files of the entire 1st test for awhile incase someone has a
specific packet level question.

Thanks! :)

-j

ps. go openBSD! ;)