[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Junior Gillespie" <jgillespie at t dash speed dot com>
 To:  "KCS" <kcs at apatinonline dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaping - DShaper Images
 Date:  Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:36:29 -0600
Nikola,

Your first suggestion can be achieved with the current Dshaper and
m0n0wall. Once the daemon is complete, I think that I'll automate the
calculation of configuring pipes so that one could set by minute, day,
hour, month using simple drop down.

**Feature addition: live traffic view for rules based on pipes to show
current live usuage and total used is in the planning.
**Feature addition: ability to save pipe/rule counters in config.xml on
reboots (This would be much better on hdd)
**Feature addition: statistics export via snmpd support

The other ideas you have expressed would not be something to implement
into Dshaper, but m0n0wall itself. I appreciate the feedback and
testing, and look forward to hearing more on how dshaper is working for
you.

If you open up: http://<m0n0_ip>shaper-help.php you will see an example
on how to limit bandwidth for period of time with a maximum live
bandwidth not to exceed specified.

Junior