[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <chris at minotaur dot it>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Static route configuration
 Date:  Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:55:42 -0000
At a particular site I have 2 m0n0 boxes each in front of independent ADSL
connections (one is 1024/256, the other is 256/256). Aim is to use the 1mb
line for general web access with the 256k synchronous one for VoIP traffic
through an Asterisk server.

I've configured the m0n0 on the faster connection as the DHCP server and
defined a static route to the VoIP gateway (a.b.c.d) with the gateway being
the IP of the second m0n0 box on the synchronous connection.

This works perfectly for outbound calls (and they definitely come from the
IP range of the sync connection), but I can't get inbound calls to come in
over the sync connection. I've defined a 1:1 NAT mapping for it to its IP on
the sync m0n0.

Do I perhaps need to modify the routing table on the asterisk box itself,
and can anyone suggest what it should be modified to? I don't want to just
change the default gateway to the second m0n0 box since all other web
traffic (which will be to random addresses) would also be redirected over
the VoIP ADSL, and that would be bad.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Regards,

Chris