[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, markus at wiedner dot or dot at
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] Bandwidth throtteling via Client IP, MySQL, pptp and freeradius, ergo 256/768 or 512/1024, different from User/IP Up/Down
 Date:  Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:55:25 -0500
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Markus Wiedner <markus at wiedner dot or dot at>
Date: Jan 13, 2006 9:06 AM
Subject: [m0n0wall] Bandwidth throtteling via Client IP, MySQL, pptp
and freeradius, ergo 256/768 or 512/1024, different from User/IP
Up/Down
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

Hi@all,

an Server who shape Traffic and Store Accounting data. So my Problem is,

Projekt and so i Download and Install it ( Diskette version ). I use the
newest version. My Linuxserver ( Mysql ) does run on a different Machine.

is enybody who can help me or send me a Link.

Thanks for Help

Markus Wiedner

***********
If I understand what you are asking, then this is what I think your looking for:

m0n0wall will run on a dedicated box. nothing else.

For accounting, there are many posts here about FreeRadius. However,
if you intend to try an run FreeRadius on the m0n0wall box, this will
require a custome image, otherwise you can use a separate Radius
server.

One of the members of this list has a website with custom images with
FreeRadius support, although I am not sure is the images are made to
suport FreeRadius locally.

http://inf.imelda.be/downloads/m0n0wall/
Maintained by: Jonathan De Graeve

Traffic shaping is a feature built into m0n0wall. I personally don't
use the feature. You will need to search the list or read the
documentation at the main site.

To search the list server, one of the easier ways someone showed me is
as follows:
1. go to http://www.google.com/
2. in the search box, enter your search terms, followed by
"site:m0n0.ch", no quotes

example:

FreeRadius site:m0n0.ch

This will limit your search to just the m0n0.ch domain.

Good Luck. Hope I was helpful

~Don