[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  "'Gilad'" <batnun at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall with X-Modem CE and PPPoA
 Date:  Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:35:09 -0000
> WAN - DHCP mode:
>     IP address:    86.129.75.182
>     Subnet mask:    255.255.255.0
>     Gateway:    86.129.75.182
>     ISP DNS servers:    62.6.40.178,  194.72.9.38

The default gateway line is the problem that's supposed to be corrected by
Dan's route mod images. In essence, m0n0 looks at its own WAN IP and the
gateway, decides they're both the same and sends packets over loopback -
thus never reaching the X-Modem at all. You need to change the default
gateway to the interface name of your WAN interface rather than an IP. This
should be done by the modified image for you, and be automatically updated
when the IP changes.

If you want to do it manually, look in the list archives for my posts of
about 18 months ago on this topic - I posted the commands required to fix it
temporarily (until the IP changes).

Regards,

Chris