[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 To:  Wojciech Warmuz <sauruspl at wp dot pl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WiFi card (g) supported in monowall
 Date:  Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:01:30 +0000
Wojciech Warmuz wrote:

>Hello
>Can someone tell me what WiFi G cards monowall support to run access point? if someone has
expirence and can tell me what G cards i could use with monowall to run AccessPoint I would be glad,
i know that i need Prism II 2,5 or 3, but i tried one card with prism and it didnt work, i found
somewhere list of cards for FreeBSD but they all are for B, didnt find any list cards supportd for
G, do anyone have something like that? and next question:) if i will get right card for monowall i
dont need to do anything more? just plug it and then something will appear in Wireless setting in
webGUI?
>ok thank you so far its all i want to know:)

if you're willing to run 1.2b5, 1.2b6 or 1.2b7 (of the three, I
recommend 1.2b7), then you can run any Atheros card (that supports 11g,
since thats your requirement.)

Otherwise, you're out of luck.

As for experience, we ship several hundred setups like this per month.

jim