[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] about a dns server ...
 Date:  Sun, 15 Jan 2006 11:02:25 -0600
From: "michael" <micatod at koproject dot org>

> I have to choose a new gateway,
> i'm very interresting in monowall,
> but i've to own a dns server on the same pc, so
> can someone tell me if it's possible to add something like bind??

There are many of us who feel adding additional services to a firewall
compromise security.  So, this will probably never happen.  Also, since
m0n0wall runs in RAM, the DNS tables could take up a bit of memory.  You
could use a development environment to add it yourself.  I have a virtual
one here. http://www.hosted.net.nz/VMDE/

> sorry for my bad english, i'm french

You are much better in your second language that I am.  Mi espanol es muy
malo. :-)

                        Lee